|Name||Chessable||The Score Takes Care of Itself, Bill Walsh|
|Summary||Great way to learn opening lines; fantastic customer service.||How to set yourself up for success through intelligently directed hard work.|
|Name||Mindset, Dr Carol Dweck|
|Summary||320 pages to say “If you want to get better at something, work at it”.|
|Name||Deep Work, Cal Newport|
|Summary||Set yourself apart from the pack by developing the ability to focus without distraction on a cognitively demanding task.|
- I am a 46-year old chess player with a goal to be the best chess player I can be. I hope you find some value from following my experiences.
Found something of Value?
- Estimating your Elo rating
- Lesson 3: Beware a draw offer from a stronger player
- Lesson 2: When ahead, don’t overthink
- Lesson 1: On (almost) every move, consider ALL Checks, Captures and Threats
- The beauty of pattern recognition in chess
- Book Review: “Deep Work” by Cal Newport
- Latest ECF Ratings
- Review – 2016
- Book Review: “Mindset” by Carol Dweck
- Chessable Review
- Review – November 2016
- Review – September 2016 – Tactics, tactics, tactics
- Is Practice Enough?
- Review – August 2016
- Review – June and July 2016
Top Posts & Pages