- I am a 46-year old chess player with a goal to be the best chess player I can be. I hope you find some value from following my experiences.
Found something of Value?
- Estimating your Elo rating
- Lesson 3: Beware a draw offer from a stronger player
- Lesson 2: When ahead, don’t overthink
- Lesson 1: On (almost) every move, consider ALL Checks, Captures and Threats
- The beauty of pattern recognition in chess
- Book Review: “Deep Work” by Cal Newport
- Latest ECF Ratings
- Review – 2016
- Book Review: “Mindset” by Carol Dweck
- Chessable Review
- Review – November 2016
- Review – September 2016 – Tactics, tactics, tactics
- Is Practice Enough?
- Review – August 2016
- Review – June and July 2016
Top Posts & Pages
Tag Archives: Elo Ratings
If you play regular, long time control, rated, over the board (OTB) chess games, you will have a fair idea of your rating, or playing strength. I play around 50 OTB games a year, so I can place some worth … Continue reading →